Monday, February 7, 2011

Jordan Family in 1918

Hello again all you Jordans. Here is a photo most likely taken in the fall of 1918. It shows William Andrew (Andy) Jordan (49) and Ida Mae Scism Jordan (45) (seated) with most of their children. Starting in the back and working from left to right are: Julie (14), Nancy (16), Clara (24), Effie (23) Effie's son Paul (6mos?), Effie's husband James Helms (27), and Effie's daughter Nellie (2).
Then standing between the parents are Bailey (11), Gladys (7), and Eugene (9). On Andy's lap is his daughter Christine (4), and on Ida's lap is Dee (3). Standing in the front is Effie's oldest child Bessie (4). Two of the sons missed the photograph. They are Emery (22) and Venson (20).

So are you related to any of these people? Please leave a comment and join our group if you are.

~Effie's 11th Grand Child

5 comments:

  1. I think you missed one daughter in the back row before Granny. I love your new blog; you're so great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I'm pretty sure Ida's middle name was Iris. I know that Wilma Mankiller's book says Ida Mae (which is prettier than Ida Iris) lol - but according to Mom and Aunt Gladys - it was Iris. Her death certificate doesn't show a middle name - so we are going by family history only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - love the blog and will follow with great interest. Congratulations to Great Aunt Gladys she looks terrific on the invite picture. Wish I could be there - my mother (Loreta Choate)and Grandmother (Clara Jordan Choate) always had such great times being with Gladys - LOTS of laughter! I've read the internet accounts of the Wilma Mankiller connection, but would like to hear more. If anyone knows about Jay Choate family ties, I would be interested - I can't find much on him. My brother David Landry stayed for a short time with (I believe) Christine when he was working with PG&E back in the early 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi my name is julia and my mother madin name is scism her name is june and her fathers name was justin i thought i might be kind to yal my email is juliascott6@gmail.com let me know plz love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura, Thank you so much for the terrific blog with all the great information and beautiful pictures. It would be great if you could update your blog with any new information you may have, but I know you're busy sailing in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete